Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sourdough Biscuits

Today I had way more starter than I needed. That happens when I don't make bread regularly. The problem is that we just don't eat many sandwiches, so I need more ways to use up this excess starter. We ( and by we I really mean I like sweet breakfast over savory) so the pancakes are great for me, but I would have a revolt in the person of dh if we had pancakes every day. Enter these biscuits. I have a great biscuit recipe, but extra great recipes are always welcome. I really didn't expect this to be a great recipe. I was pleasantly surprised. Try it and I think you will be very happy with the results. I fed my starter the night before to get prepared to make these biscuits this morning.

Sourdough Rolled Biscuits

1 cup of starter
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of soda
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tablespoons of cooking oil, or melted butter or shortening
1 cup of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder

Mix starter and oil. Stir dry ingredients and add to starter and oil. Roll mixture on floured board until 1/2 inch thick. Cut biscuits, let rise for 15 minutes. Bake at 425ºF. for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment