Monday, October 25, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


In an effort to better utilize my food storage, I've decided to return to menu planning. Organization is not really my forte, but I want to get a better handle on my grocery budget, and I know menu planning works. With Neil only working a couple of weeks a month, I am very grateful for a deep pantry and full freezer. Of course I am also grateful that I can continue to shop sales to maintain my food storage. I'm only including dinners because we really don't eat breakfast during the week. In general, on Saturdays we have an egg breakfast and Sundays we have a sweet breakfast. Lunches are usually leftovers, sandwiches and soup, or fish sticks, chicken tenders, etc.

Sunday:
BBQ Chicken, Baked Beans, Salad
Monday:
Pinto Beans, Rice, Cornbread, Salad
Tuesday:
Sloppy Joes, Baked Fries, Salad
Wednesday:
Jambalaya Pasta, Salad, Dinner Rolls
Thursday:
Baked Pork Chops, Creamed Corn, Mashed Potatoes
Friday:
Pizza, Salad
Saturday:
Potato Corn Chowder, Salad, Rolls

For More Great Menu Ideas, go to www.orgjunkie.com/menuplanmonday

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of the pizza :) Nice plan you got for your week. I'm new to this Meme and I'm following you.

    Check me out atmy menu plan monday here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I'll be cooking jambalya tomorrow. Spencer's boyfriend will be coming over. It's one of his favorites.

    ReplyDelete